Sunday, May 16, 2010

On The Fourth Day In Washington

So far we've had throwing up, missing car keys, snotty noses, bed wetting, broken glassware, skinned knees, hacking coughs, forehead gooseggs, 8 loads of laundry.....

And a partridge in a pear tree.

Thank heaven I'm not truly a single mother of seven children.

My sister and her hubby are celebrating their 20th anniversary on a Mediterranean cruise, and I am caring for 6 of their 7 kids. For two weeks. So far it's been quite eventful. At this rate we'll have broken bones for sure. Besides that, however, they have been very good to play with Gray and that makes him happy, and they are so funny I laugh a lot.

Here are a few goodies from today:

"You have to be naughty when you play kung fu---because of the hitting"

"Pork chops are grody if the pig rolled in the mud" (said out of the blue, no pork chops present)

"I accidentally drew two dresses on you, so one of them can be a cape"

"Give me back that toy, it's not a part of your future, it's a part of my future"



Right now they are as loud as elephants in the room above me, but they are supposed to be sleeping. That's one thing I was most worried about, all the noise with Grayden sleeping. At home when Nate leaves for work at 5:30, he just has to walk past Grayden's room and it wakes him up. By some miracle, he sleeps through all of this racket....I'm talking seriously loud noise, jumping off top bunks, pretending to be rocket ships running up the stairs right in front of his room, yelling at each other to be quiet. Just the decibel level of the four-year-old girl's helium voice is enough to wake me up every morning, and he sleeps through it. What a blessing.

Alright, time to go bust some heads. Good evening to you all.

1 comment:

Shelley Nicole said...

ha ha! Awesome! I didn't know you were going to do that, sounds like a great adventure! I remember talking to Amy on the phone most of the days she was staying with them the last time their parents fled. Welp, good luck! It's kinda like teaching, lol
I should call you and hear some more stories!