Friday, June 1, 2007

Catching Up

Well, we think that the title should be the main theme of the blog. We are not very good at keeping up to date with our lives on the Blog. It is like our journals. Well we try. There has been a lot of things that have happened in our lives since April 1. The first is Dane's Race Day Birthday. For Dane's birthday in November we got him a Richard Petty Drive Along pass. Dane rode in the passenger seat of a real racecar and drove around the track 3 times. So, on a weekend when everyone could come we went to watch Dane go back at about 115 mph on the track. Before Dane got in the car Dane and Nate practiced driving on Nate's Couch. It was really fun to see Dane get into the car and drive. There was someone else that was very entertaining at the track.... and that was Cameron. Before we explain why he was so funny let me explain how we got to the track. We drove to Phoenix International Raceway and then drove into the center of the track. Racecars were flying past us and it was very loud. Cameron was so excited when he saw the cars race by. Cameron's eyes did not leave the track the whole time. Here is a picture of him. Florin loved it as well.

The next big event that happened in our lives was Nate's graduation from the University of Phoenix with an MBA. He started taking classes in November of 2005. He was very excited and could not keep the smile off his face. He felt weird wearing the interesting outfit that he received but he looked really good. Please see the pictures from the link below.

On Memorial Day we went down to Sierra Vista to go camping and hiking with some of Mandy's family. We had a great time! This was the first time we had gone camping since we got married. We went down on Saturday morning and came home on Monday. The camp site we stayed at was an old gold mining camp site. We also went hiking. What an interesting experience! It was, according to Talon, a trail that old people take all the time. So we decided to hike the easy 6 mile hike. As we were hiking we got off the trail by accident and and took a wildlife trail. This is what the trail looked like. It took us about 2 hours to get to the top. We stopped and ate lunch. As we were going down we figured out that we took the wrong trail because it took us about 1/4 of the time. By some miracle, the little ones did a great job hiking.....well, scaling a mountain we should say. The youngest was 2! Check out some of the other pictures we took.

1 comment:

Steph said...

dane - looks like life is treating you pretty well! I am guessing from the post you are still in AZ and doing Real Estate stuff? We actually are living in NC in charlotte -- would be fun to catch up --- you can visit my blog )this is stephanie rosen (stephanie brown now) if you have forgotten -- i am your old friend from accounting....we were in a group with breann.....