Thursday, January 28, 2010

I promise I'm trying to average more than one post per month. Yesterday, I made a chocolate cake from scratch. In a CROCK POT. Has anyone tried this? It's a little piece of decadence. It's similar to those lava cakes, only you don't have to make them separately. I found the recipe online and mine turned out to be pretty close to the picture they showed, so I was proud. Keeping in mind I just have a crappy little camera and I'm not a professional photographer, compare the following:






Chocolate Mud Cake


Not bad, right? Well, it was yummy and only took about 1.5-2 hours to cook. The prep time was simple as well. I usually hate chocolate desserts from scratch because to me they taste like cocoa and aren't sweet enough. But, this one I'm adding to my collection.

3 comments:

bethany said...

So are you going to share the recipe with the rest of us or just keep it a secret? :)
I tried this once, but it burned around the edges and was yucky-I need to try a better recipe apparently!

Marcie said...

Ok this looks amazing! I had better try this one out for sure. I LOVE chocolate desserts. And yes, yours looks just like the picture! I can tell you right now my attempt will not look like the picture :).

Shelley Nicole said...

That looks delicious!!!!! Next time I'm in AZ, we make cilantro soup and THAT cake!