Monday, November 29, 2010

Evil Dr. Pork Chop

Didn't get much sleep last night. Grayden, who normally sleeps like a dream, screamed at the top of his lungs from about 10 to 12. We took turns going in and calming him, but he always eventually went back to screaming. This isn't the first time this has happened, he sporadically has nights with fits of terrible screaming, maybe two or three a month.

I may be a crazy mom looking for silly excuses, but I think it's nightmares. But what could an 18 month old dream about that could be so scary??

Well, last night he told me the horrible thing that attacked him in his dreams. I went in his room and picked him up, sat down on the rocking chair in the dark and he rested his head on my shoulder and whimpered a little. After about a minute, he said, "Pig".

So, there ya go. Since the only movies he will watch are Signing Time, with no bad guys, and an occasional Toy Story, it must've been Hamm's diabolical alter ego that invaded his subconscious. Either that, or he has a small obsession with farm animals.

I wonder if Disney pays out damages for psychologically traumatized toddlers?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Maybe you should get him a soft, cuddly, friendly, snuggly little piglet. Oh, wait.....maybe he should watch Winnie the Pooh!

Lisa Lou said...

I realized I don't have your email address: will you send me your mailing address to me? (lewilisa@gmail.com)