Sunday, February 3, 2008

Auntie Em, Auntie Em!!!


I am beginning to understand something about the Barstow climate. WIND. That's it, it just likes to be windy. Very windy. (See title of post). For example, right now, every window in my house is rattling like crazy, there is cold air gushing from the fireplace and every vent, and it sounds like a team of jets is doing a fly-by past my house. I try to look outside and see if the tree in the backyard is bending to the ground, only to realize that I can't see my tree for the dust, sand, and debris that is in the air. Unfortunately, as Nate has pointed out, this house must not have been built very well, because when the wind picks up our blinds and curtains on the INSIDE of the house sway back and forth. Which, obviously, is bad. Especially for the temperature we try futilely to maintain in our home. Meaning, it is cold all the time in here, no matter what the thermostat is set at. Alas, when summer comes, no doubt I'll complain about the heat.

No comments: